Who We Are: UPO's Early Learning Network
provides school readiness for children ages 0 to 5 from low-income
families by enhancing their cognitive, social and emotional development.
Our Early Learning Development Centers hold gold accreditation from
the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC),
the nation's leading organization of early childhood professionals.
Why We Care: Early education is a foremost priority within the UPO family.
It is the cornerstone for a solid structure in life. By securing opportunities for
education, UPO ensures the success of our youth.
What We Offer: Early learning and family support environments that promote your
child's jumpstart on a promising educational future. Your child will have access to:
- State licensed and certified, interactive pre-kindergarten classrooms
- Multi-disciplinary approach to the cognitive/ emotional growth of children ages 0 to 5.
- Evidence-based, national early learning curriculums that include:
- early development of language and literacy skills
- physical health and development
- disabilities services
- transitional and mental health services
- Family support using nationally certified family development practitioners to provide
guidance for families navigating the pathway to self-sufficiency. Based on the national
Head Start family framework UPO supports:
- Family well-being and positive parent-child relationships
- Families as learners and lifelong educators
- Family engagement in transitions
- Family connections to peers and community
- Families as advocates and leaders
UPO is a member of the National Head Start and Region III Head Start Associations. UPO Head Start is funded by the
U.S. Department of Health and Human Service's Administration for Children Youth and Families. Head Start not only provides excellent education for children from lower income families, but also allows parents to train for or work at meaningful and
Enrollment in UPO's Early Learning Development Centers is open to low-income children ages 0 to 5 years old. Please
contact your nearest Early Child Development Center for enrollment and eligibility information. Click here for application.