As a recognized Children's Defense Fund affiliate, UPO provides a six-week, full-day, summer camp that offers an enrichment opportunity helping 50 disadvantaged children fall in love with reading, increase their self-esteem, and generate more positive attitudes towards learning.
Children are taught using a model curriculum that supports children and families
around five central areas:
- high quality academic enrichment
- parent and family involvement
- civic engagement and social action
- intergenerational development
- health and mental health (CDF 2011).
There are no 2012 program vacancies available. Contact DeAngelo Rorie at (202) 610-0466 ext.127 for further information regarding our summer enrichment program.
1649-B Good Hope Road, SE
Washington, DC 20020