Why Work at UPO?
The United Planning Organization is staffed with a highly qualified team of employees who go the “extra mile” for staff members, future employees and the community at large. UPO offers some of the finest employee benefits in the Washington, DC region. Consider working for UPO, the greatest community action agency in the nation.
In exchange for your exceptional experience, UPO offers:
- Subsidized Health Insurance with a choice of HMO and PPO
- PPO Dental Insurance
- 3 weeks annual leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Sick leave and personal leave
- 100% employer sponsored Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Retirement Plan with 5.5% employer non-elective contribution and matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Benefits
To apply for a position with UPO, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources. Please state the position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
Please submit all materials using one of the methods below:
|Standard Mail:||United Planning Organization
301 Rhode Island Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001
Attn: Human Resources
Things You Should Know Before Applying
- Open positions may be closed at any time without notice.
- Resumes will not be accepted or considered after the closing date.
- Resumes only accepted when a vacancy exists.
- In the event that an offer is extended, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check/credit review and/or FBI Fingerprinting, pre-employment physical examination and drug screening as applicable for the position.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, please refrain from calling to check the status of your submission. If selected, you will be contacted by the Office of Human Resources to schedule for an interview.
- Registered Nurse (RN), Community Health Division
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Community Health Division
- Program Manager, Shelter Hotline/Community Health Division
- Senior Treatment Counselor, Community Health Division
- Senior Treatment Counselor II, Community Health Division
- Center Director, Comprehensive Treatment Center/Community Health Division
- Medical Director, Community Health Division/Comprehensive Treatment Center
Green Technology Division
- Instructor – Telecommunications (2 Positions), Green Technology Division
- Instructional Specialist (2 Positions), Green Technology Division
- Instructor, Green Technology Division (Building Careers Academy)
Office of Business Management
Office of Early Learning
- Early Learning Specialist – HUB (2 Positions), Office of Early Learning
- Family Engagement Specialist, Office of Early Learning
- Classroom Associate (8 Positions), Office of Early Learning
- Teacher, Office of Early Learning
Office of the Executive Vice President
- Site Coordinator (Part-time/30 hours per week), Foster Grandparent Program/Office of the Executive Vice President
Office of Human Resources
Workforce Development Division
- Crew Supervisor – DC Clean Team (Part-Time/Temporary Position), Workforce Development Division
- Job Developer, Workforce Development Division
Youth Services Division