Why Work at UPO?
The United Planning Organization is staffed with a highly qualified team of employees who go the “extra mile” for staff members, future employees and the community at large. UPO offers some of the finest employee benefits in the Washington, DC region. Consider working for UPO, the greatest community action agency in the nation.
In exchange for your exceptional experience, UPO offers:
- Subsidized Health Insurance with a choice of HMO and PPO
- PPO Dental Insurance
- 12 paid holidays
- Sick leave and personal leave
- 100% employer sponsored Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Retirement Plan with 5.5% employer non-elective contribution and matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Benefits
To apply for a position with UPO, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources. Please state the position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
Please submit all materials using one of the methods below:
|Standard Mail:||United Planning Organization
301 Rhode Island Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001
Attn: Human Resources
Things You Should Know Before Applying
- Open positions may be closed at any time without notice.
- Resumes will not be accepted or considered after the closing date.
- Resumes only accepted when a vacancy exists.
- In the event that an offer is extended, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check/credit review and/or FBI Fingerprinting, pre-employment physical examination and drug screening as applicable for the position.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, please refrain from calling to check the status of your submission. If selected, you will be contacted by the Office of Human Resources to schedule for an interview.
Community Health Division
Community Reinvestment Division
Office of Early Learning
- Classroom Associate-OEL
- Classroom Associate-Edgewood
- Family Engagement Specialist (Non-HUB)
- Teacher/AA- Floater
- Classroom Associate – Floater
- Office Coordinator
Office of the Executive Vice President
Office of Performance Management
Shelter Hotline Program
- Driver-Outreach Worker
- Dispatcher-Operator – Seasonal
Office of Strategic Positioning
Office of Technology and Information Systems
Workforce Training & Placement Division