Friday, November 20, 2020
6:30 – 7:30 PM
CSBG State Plan Virtual Community Meeting
Open Forum and Discussion
Hosted by: United Planning Organization and the DHS Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) Office.
We invite all DC residents to join this meeting about the FY 2021 & FY 2022 CSBG State Plan, which presents local approaches to addressing the causes and local conditions of poverty within the District of Columbia. Before the event, please review the draft and offer your comments.
FY 2021 and FY 2022 CSBG State Plan
The State Plan includes a wide range of services and activities that assist low-income families and individuals to:
- Remove obstacles and solve problems which inhibit the attainment of self-sufficiency
- Secure and retain meaningful employment
- Attain an adequate education
- Make better use of available income
- Obtain and maintain adequate housing and a suitable living environment
- Obtain emergency assistance to meet immediate or urgent needs
- Achieve greater participation in the affairs of the communities in which they live
Note: The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) program is a federally funded anti-poverty block grant.