Here’s your chance to become a UPO Ambassador:
A vocal champion and supporter of our programs and initiatives in the wider community
We run the city’s largest Early Head Start program.
We prepare youth for college and careers.
We help people manage their money so they can build wealth and keep their homes.
Our job training and placement opens doors to the first job security these strivers have ever had. And we’re never “done” with them. They become part of the UPO Family for life.
- Must be a DC resident who’s over 21 years old
- Must live within one of the Election Service Areas accepting candidates
- Must be able to complete and pass a background check
- Attend Full Board Meetings bi-monthly
- Attend Board Committee Meetings: monthly or bi-monthly
- Participate in at least 2 UPO-sponsored civic engagement events.
- Affordable Housing
- Fundraising & Resource Development
- Communications & Public Relations
- Advocacy & Grass Root Organizing
- Community Planning & Economic Development
- DC Policy & Research
- Early Learning & Education
- Executive Administration (Finance & Human Resources)